Sunday, August 10, 2008

Speed Racer

We went on a family date last night with our good friends, the Wintertons. After we went out to eat, we took the kids to the Family Fun Center for a little Go Kart racing. The boys could not wait to get behind that fence and race!
Avery was excited too. She would shake the fence and yell at everybody.
This is Avery trying to make sure Drew doesn't leave her far behind at the track. She loves to tag along with him.
When we saw all the cars lined up, Drew said "I want to ride the white one with daddy!" Unfortunately for Brent, that was the slowest one so they didn't really speed around the track leaving everyone in their dust.
When it was Avery's turn, the seatbelt was merely a prop since she was so small. She kept trying to climb out but once we got underway (in the slow car) I put my arm across her and we bounced down the raceway. I don't think she was too impressed by the whole thing since she couldn't see above the steering wheel but I think she still had fun.
I know Drew had a fun time. That was a perfect activity for him and we will definitely be doing it again.

8 comments:

ami said...

looks like so much fun. You look adorable too. I love your sun glasses.

Torrie said...

Ami, Brent thinks my sunglasses are too Paris Hilton-y. But I like them too. Thanks!

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow, that is too cute....I can't believe Avery did that, what a brave kid.

spaceyhawks said...

That's so fun, I love go-carts. Avery looked adorable in the car with you! I agree your sun glasses are way cute, ha... what do boys know anyway ;-)!

Eliza said...

wow how do I not know about the go carts in town? Is it because I only participate in free things? If I could chime in on the sun glasses issue I would agree with the women and say they are cute.

Vinyl Wonders said...

The boys had so much fun!! Cant wait to do it again soon!!

Jon + Kat said...

We know how much Brent loves to be the best at everything, so it probably killed him being in the slow car! Babers Avers is so stinkin' cute! Her little outfit in the "cool kids" post is darling! We miss you guys! We passed a white Tahoe today and Sevy was screaming "Drew's car!" We've seen a lot of fish lately and Sevy always points out the "Torrie" fish! She's lost without her best friends!

Eliza said...

Torrie your fans demand a new post with more cute pictures. Maybe a post about how much you recommend flying with an infant. Just a suggestion...