Thursday, February 4, 2010

Aloha!

In December, Brent and I had our 10 year anniversary. To celebrate, my parents invited us along on a Hawaiian vacation where my dad had a business conference. Our airfare and hotel were paid for by the company sponsering the conference so how could we pass that up? My parents were also celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary so we joined forces for a great anniversary vacation. I surprisingly did not take a ton of pictures but here are a few.
(The view from our hotel room)

We started our vacation on the island of Oahu where we went to the Polynesian Culture Center and to Pearl Harbor. If you ever go to Hawaii, both of those places are a must see. The Polynesian Culture Center had the most incredible show and a really nice luau. Pearl Harbor was cool to hear all the history and see the warships.
After Oahu, we flew over to the big island in to Kona. While there, we flew in a helicopter (with the doors off!) over a volcano and along the coast of Hilo.
We also went on a zipline, which I must say, aside from the PCC was the highlight of my trip. It was so fun.



It was a great way to spend an anniversary and I'm so glad we got the opportunity to go. Here's to ten more years!

6 comments:

Vinyl Wonders said...

YEAH!!! Just what I was waiting for! I am so glad you guys got to go and it looks like you had a great time!! I loved the video! I missed you and cant wait to see ya this weekend!

spaceyhawks said...

That is so fantastic!!! I am so thrilled you got to go. I can't wait to go again. I love it there. Happy ten years you cute girl!

Brooke said...

10 years...crazy how time flies. It looks like it was a beautiful trip ;)

Megan Gunyan said...

So jealous. It looks like you had lots of fun. I can totally see you enjoying the zip line the best! You're a crazy woman!

ami said...

how fun and warm for your guys. great pictures. i can't believe you returned to snow. that is so depressing. we are so excited to see you in a few weeks. no ziplining but i'm sure we can whip up some fun.

Megan Gunyan said...

Hey...I heard Kris is engaged?!? Congrats to him!