Sunday, December 20, 2009

Conversations with a child


Me: Drew, you need to go pick up all the toys in your room.

Drew: Why do I have to?

Me: Because you made the mess so you have to clean it up.

Drew: Did you see me make the mess?

Me: No.

Drew: Then how do you know it was me? It must have been Avery.

He's a lawyer in the making. If I didn't see it, it didn't happen.

***

Life lessons:

The other day we were driving in the car around dinnertime and Avery fell asleep. I asked Drew if she was awake and he said no. A few seconds pass and this is what he says: "Life rule number 42: If a baby is asleep and it's time for dinner you have to wake her up so she can eat."

***

Avery to Drew: "Be quiet! I'm on the phone!!"

3 comments:

Erin said...

Your kids are hilarious! Too funny, I love when kids say funny things.

Vinyl Wonders said...

AAHHHH!! I LOVE THEM!! They are so dang cute! I can not get enough of them! TOO FUNNY!! Miss you guys!

Jon + Kat said...

We can't wait to see you guys! Sevy asks to see Drew and Avery daily!