Sunday, May 16, 2010

I hate super glue

Today I tried to glue a Hello Kitty fork back together for Avery. I had to open a new tube of super glue to do it. A potentially messy task but one I thought I had mastered. Not today. The d@*# thing exploded all over my hand and I had two fingers completely stuck together and a 6th appendage in the form of Hello Kitty.

After Googling how to get it off, I soaked my hand in nail polish remover for half an hour and nothing budged. I know--not my brightest moment. It took a couple of hours and a razor blade but the Hello Kitty has finally come off and the rest of the super glue will just have to wear off. I'm a dummy. Lesson learned.

6 comments:

Vinyl Wonders said...

ok hahaha...I don't know what to say...hahaha...other than...hahaha... I LOVE YOU!! hahaha!! Soooo funny!!

ash+kris said...

LOL! OUCH! I think I learned my lesson from you.. haha

ami said...

i needed that! thanks so much for sharing. hahahahha

Grandma Dance said...

Oh, Torrie,
You poor thing- Avery will never appreciate all you went through for her to have her favorite utensil.
Love

Jon + Kat said...

Okay! You made me laugh to the point of tears! Bless your heart for trying to save hello kitty! Avery is lucky to have you!

Scatterbrained said...

Don't feel bad...I've had so many disasters with super glue that Matt no longer allows it in the house. I secretly have a stash though;-).(it's brush-on so it's not as messy) And don't worry...your skin will grow back!

Kim