Monday, June 28, 2010

Girls Camp

I survived! And I had a great time! It brought back a lot of great memories and I am so glad I was able to go with the girls. The Stake sent everyone home a day early because there was some kind of virus that spread through camp and half the girls got sick. One of my girls got sick at camp and by the time we got home, all three of them were sick. They are feeling much better now so it didn't last too long. They think it might have been something in the water because some other campers down the road got sick as well. It managed to bypass me so I was able to drive the girls home with no problems.
I had to snag these photos from another website so I can't get them to go any bigger. Just get out your magnifying glass and enjoy the proof that I can rough it in the mountains for a few days! It didn't hurt to go as a leader though because we had access to a flushing toilet. I took one step in the latrine the first day and saw a huge spider crawling in the "toilet". I turned around and slammed the door (and may have let out a squeal and a dry heave) and never stepped foot in that nasty thing again. I have to give props to the girls that used it everyday because I would rather dig a hole and squat in the woods than pull my pants down in a latrine. *shudder* Bleck!
(And in case you were wondering, Avery's hand is doing much better. It's amazing how fast those little bodies heal. I was able to track down a calling card at camp and call home to check on her and by the time I got back, the blisters had popped and two of her fingers had completely healed over.)

1 comments:

Megan Gunyan said...

You ARE a trooper. Just got back from family camping and having to take my kids in a latrine, smelling the awful smells while they tried to go whilst gagging themselves, is something I will try to avoid for the rest of my life!

*So glad Avery is feeling better! She looks so happy in her b-day pics! Yeah!