Saturday, February 2, 2008

Our Hero

I often get comments from people remarking how great Brent is with the kids. Some women are truly surprised at how involved he is with Drew and Avery. I have had several people at church remark about how sweet it is to watch Brent with Avery because they can tell that he truly enjoys holding her and taking care of her. I am very blessed to have a husband that is so great with our kids. A friend of mine once said that her husband receives a hero's welcome from his kids when he gets home from work and that's the best way to describe what happens at our house at about 6:15 every night. As soon as Drew hears the garage door crack, he drops what he's doing and yells "Daddy!" He excitedly runs to greet him and is very happy to have him home. And it doesn't matter what time of day it is for Avery. Anytime she sees her daddy, she lights up like a Christmas tree. It's a mutual admiration really--She has him wrapped around her little finger. To Drew and Avery, Brent hangs the moon. And I have to agree, I think he's pretty great too. So this is my little note for Brent: You are the hero in our house and we appreciate all you do for us. We are blessed to have you as a husband and dad and we think you're "totally awesome!" (as Drew would say). You're the best! We love you more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Very tender!! We love those good daddies they're the best!!

spaceyhawks said...

Very adorable! I love hearing stuff like that, makes my heart melt!