Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our Little Sickie, Part 2

Well, I didn't dodge a bullet after all. Avery got sick this weekend and her doctor sent her to the hospital for an RSV test and a chest x-ray. After waiting all day to hear back, we were told that she has RSV. So our little sickie has been on breathing treatments and surrounded by humidifiers for the past couple of days. Her fever seems to have broken so that's nice. She's good natured even being sick. Had she not been wheezing so bad and had the same barking cough Drew had, I probably would not have thought it was more than a little fever. She doesn't act miserable at all. She does not like the breathing treatment though so she fusses while we try to give it to her. Her cry is so cute because it's very hoarse and scratchy. We've tried a few different ways to administer the breathing treatment to make it easier on her (holding it in front of her face, putting the tube in her mouth) but the most effective is to just put the mask on and hold her hands so she doesn't pull it off. (And yes, I did wash the mask after Drew used it.)




Hopefully she will get better soon. It's never fun to have sick kids. As I said before, even though she is under the weather, she is still very good natured and content--even happy. She still loves to play with Drew and watch him run around.
She slept in until 10:30 this morning and only stayed up for about 2 hours before zonking out again. She has slept most of the day and seems to be doing better tonight. Hopefully the sick bugs have run their course and we can start getting better around here. I have been waiting for the time where the whole family got sick and it happened this time. First Drew then me, then Brent and now Avery. Good thing we don't have a dog or I would have even more messes to clean up!

3 comments:

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh....she is such a cute sick kid. I hope you are all getting some rest. I'm glad she is getting better! It seems like your kids get along...how do you manage that? ;)

spaceyhawks said...

That is so sweet,poor little thing. You are really blessed to have one that good natured. I know I don't have experience yet, but I can only imagine the revenge my mother is planning in heaven for me. ;-)

Jon + Kat said...

Well, at least the mask they have to wear is cute! Poor things! I didn't even realize she had her bottom teeth now too! What a cutie!