Monday, March 3, 2008

3 cheers for Cheer Texas

The office that Drew has his feeding group at rented out a gymnastics place for all the kids to come and play and be crazy for a while. The name of the place was Cheer Texas and Drew had such a fun time. He was a little hesitant to jump into the foam pit so I started small by having him jump in from the side. When he realized how fun it was, he couldn't wait to run and jump into it from the trampoline.






After he jumped off a few times, he ran over to me and said, "Mom, that was incredible!!" It was so cute to hear him describe it that way and I didn't think I would ever get him to leave. There were 4 big trampolines sunken in the ground for them to jump on and 2 inflatable jumpers that the kids could climb in. It was a big huge room with a padded floor so the kids could just run around and be crazy and that's just what they did.


Avery enjoyed the foam puzzle that was set out and a lot of my energy was spent trying not to let her eat the puzzle pieces.
Before we got there, I told Drew we were going to a place where he could run and play and be silly. When we left, Drew kept saying, "That was so fun to be silly at Cheer Texas!" So now we can add Cheer Texas to the list of Drew's favorite places to go (along with Jump-N-Jive, Chuck E. Disease, I mean Cheese, and Grammy and Papaw's house).

5 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like so much fun! Can I ask what a feeding group is? It is so fun to see the kids get so excited about the simple things in life. Your kiddos are too cute!

Eliza said...

That looks like so much fun. I wonder if you can do birthday's there? It would probably be more that my $25 budget would allow but it might be worth it.

Torrie said...

Feeding group is to help Drew get over his gagging/texture issues with food. He's been in for about a year and has made tremendous progress. It's just a group of kids around the same age with different problems with eating and the idea is to essentially desensitize them to food of all tastes and textures: the goal is to tolerate it in front of them, touch it, smell it, taste it, chew/bite it and hopefully swallow it. Drew has gone from not tolerating most foods even in front of him (he would gag or throw up just looking at some food) to eating a larger variety of food or at least tasting most foods. We are close to being discharged from the class and I'm very excited about his progress.

Jon + Kat said...

Utah had a place like that, and BYU did too. So stinking fun! I always wanted to take Jon there because it was so fun to play on all those trampolines and to do flips into the foam pit. Okay, I wonder if they do do birthdays because I would like to go there for my birthday!

ami said...

Torrie-

Looks like so much fun. Someday when we come for a visit we'll have to be sure and put that on our list of fun things to do. :)