Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Tail of Two Piggies

When Avery was first born, I waited so long for the bald spot on the back of her head to grow over so I could have something to put in a little ponytail or pigtails. One thing is certain, this mane needed to be tamed.
I loved being able to put headbands on her with cute little bows or flowers.
I even got a hat on her every now and then.
But that only lasted a few months until she started pulling everything out of her hair and refusing to even wear a hood on her head.
Now she is sort of rocking the mullet with these adorable curls in the back. I decided that it was probably long enough to try for pigtails (piggies) so I gave it a try. I am happy to say that she sat still long enough for the piggie installation and they are so cute!
(Please ignore the snot dripping out of her nose. I only got a few decent pictures to choose from!)
I have tried low piggies.
And high piggies. (These are my favorite. Brent even likes them.)
Piggie Bling.
This is a momentous occassion for me. I'm glad she will sit still long enough to fix (or at least comb) her hair. She still won't tolerate any kind of bow or headband but maybe our piggies are baby steps to bigger and better hair.

4 comments:

Vinyl Wonders said...

I LOOOVVEE them!! Suuuppper cute!! I love the high ones!! She looks like such a little lady!! Have a Merry Thanksgiving!

ami said...

oh those little piggies are darling. your fun days with hairstyles are just beginning.

spaceyhawks said...

They are so cute tor! I love them! I'm so excited for you that she is sitting still long enough for you to do it. oh p.s.-I'm sure Ian's hair will be blue soon enough ;-) haha!

Mikala said...

So Cute!! I also tried pig tails on my little girl for the first time yesterday as well. It's so fun when other hair options open up! I learned from an English lady in our ward that pig tails in England are called "bunches."