Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Day

I am a happy girl today. Drew has finally been discharged from his feeding group. For those of you that know the frustration we have experienced with his gagging and throwing up, this signifies a tremendous step forward for us, especially for Drew. We are trying a new food for lunch at Mother's Day Out tomorrow: a cheese sandwich. We have been talking about it all week and he is very excited. I never thought I would get so excited about things like a cheese sandwich but then again I never thought I would have to worry about a child that threw up at the sight of a strawberry either. This is progress people.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

I LOVE cheese sandwiches!
Way to go Drew! That's fabulous that he has made so much progress.
Alex doesn't struggle near what Drew does, but I can relate with you in being excited about sandwiches. Alex, for the first time ever, took a turkey sandwich for lunch this week and LIKED it! (He's in 3rd grade so this is many lunches that have been sandwich free! I feel like such a bad mom when all I send him with for lunch is a drink, pudding, and crakers.)
So, hooray for sandwiches, and hooray for progress!

Eliza said...

GO DREW!!! Sammies are a favorite over at the Clement house. We all hope he finds a new favorite for your sake. There is nothing easier than a quick sandwich for lunch.

ami said...

Oh that is such a happy day for you. It's been almost 2 weeks- how are things going? i miss you tons. i was just thinking it's been a while since we've last chatted. i hope all is well. you'll have to fill me in on all the latest.
love you

Erin said...

I'm happy for you and your family. Maybe this will be the start of many new foods.