Monday, January 5, 2009

Our New Table

Before we bought our house, the apartments we lived in were small and there wasn't anywhere to put a kitchen table so we gave ours away and ate on the couch with tv trays in the living room. Since we didn't have a table when we moved in our house, my mom let us borrow one they had in storage. So we have had a borrowed table for two years and after a remodel at my mom's house, she needed the table back. We knew we were just using the table until the remodel was finished so right before Thanksgiving, the table was moved out. We have not gotten a new table and have just returned to the good old days of eating on tv trays or eating at the counter. Well, all that changed this weekend. We found a great new table and I even got to buy a new rug to go underneath. Everyone helped put it together and we finally have a table to eat at! Avery is using her magna doodle "pen" as a screwdriver.

The kids found a seat on the table edge that was just their size.
Drew unscrewed the stabalizing blocks all by himself.This is a before and after. I love our new table and I'm just happy not to have to eat standing up anymore!

4 comments:

Vinyl Wonders said...

Yeah!! I love it! It looks very pretty and I love the perks of "needing" a new rug!! Yeah!

ami said...

great new table- maybe someday we'll actually be able to dine at it with you. if only you lived closer to boise......:)

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
spaceyhawks said...

Yay for a new table!!! I'm jealous. ;-) Maybe someday I will get to come visit you and we can sit at it together and talk and eat and all that fun stuff you do while sitting at a table. ;-) Love ya cute girl!