Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Avery

Before I had children of my own, I would see kids in public with dirty faces, messy hair and sloppy clothes and I swore that I would never let my kids go out in public looking disheveled. Then I had Avery.
Her latest obsession is socks and shoes. Here she is with both of Drew's shoes on.
She likes to wear one of her shoes and one of Drew's shoes and sometimes to spare myself her temper tanrum, I let her appear in public this way.
Some people laugh (mainly teenagers) but other mothers smile knowingly remembering what it was like when their child insisted on wearing something weird in public. Avery also likes to take her socks off and put them on her hands. She even hides them in her bed sometimes so after we put her to bed, I'll come back in to check on her and she has pulled the sock out and put it back on her hand.
She's a funny monkey.

2 comments:

ami said...

That is so cute. I love how Avery adds a little spice to your life- not that Drew is boring or bland by any means. I can't believe your purse got stolen! yikes! I am so excited to your and the kids this summer. tell the family hello and talk to you soon

Jon + Kat said...

I miss babers-Avers. She is growing up way to fast! I love the different shoes on, and of course they're backwards!