Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Burgled!

I had my purse stolen today--right out of my car! I guess it's a little bit my fault for leaving my purse in an unlocked car but I was too trusting that nothing would happen in the few minutes I was out of the car. I ran into my brother's apartment for about 15 minutes or so and apparently didn't lock my car. Since I was only running in for a few minutes, I didn't take my purse. When I came back out, it was gone. We have cancelled all the cards and alerted the bank that my checks were stolen along with my ID but I still worry about identity theft. I know thieves can do a lot with just a little bit of information. I'm hoping it was just some punk teenager that was hoping to fill up his car with gas and maybe buy some CD's at Wal-Mart. My cards were cancelled within 30 minutes of being stolen so he/she wouldn't have gotten far. I looked in all the dumpster's at my brother's apartment and surrounding parking lots hoping the thief threw the purse away but I didn't have any luck. I really liked that purse, too! So now I get to try to put all that back in order. It's just a sick feeling knowing someone has my stuff and not knowing what they're going to do with it. :(

3 comments:

Vinyl Wonders said...

I am so sorry that happened! I know how violated you must feel and I really hope no one tries anything!!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the hamburgler at McDonalds, he always took the cheeseburgers. And he would just go around saying cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger! Any way sorry that you got really burgled and not hamburgled. That would have been cool if it was the hamburgler, but if you were hungry and really wanted your hamburger then it would not have been cool!

LAter~
Amanda Reeves

Mikala said...

I had my wallet stolen around Chrismtas time last year in Paris. I felt so horrible about someone having all my info. I hope it's a smooth process to get everything replaced. You probably already know, but you can put an alert on your credit for 90 days that says someone stole your info. That way, if someone tries to apply for credit in your name, there is an alert that says they have to verify with you (or something like that). I felt much better after I did that.