Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

Here are some pics from our Easter weekend. I didn't take any pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes because I wasn't on the ball enough to buy special, new outfits but I assure you, they still looked cute. :) And I forgot to take my camera to the big egg hunt we did with some other families. There were hundreds of eggs (luckily the hiding of all these eggs was done before we even showed up!) and the kids had a blast. Sadly, the memories are in my head and on Shelly's camera. I'm going to blame this all on pregnancy brain and hope to do better next year! "Making" Easter cookies. This is how we roll at my house--pre-made, pre-cut cookie dough.When I was a kid, we colored real eggs every year. I realized that I have never done this with my own kids so when a friend of mine suggested we get together and color eggs, we were excited to join the fun. The kids loved making their own designs and dipping the eggs. Even the dads had fun!The Easter Bunny left a note for the kids and sent them on a scavenger hunt to find their baskets. Drew thought it was so funny that the Easter Bunny put his basket in the oven. Mrs. E. Bunny had to make a conscious effort not to turn on the oven all morning!

1 comments:

Jon + Kat said...

Cute! Jon and I felt bad because we didn't even do an egg hunt with our kids and we only got half-way through decorating eggs. Yeah, maybe next year! The worse part is, we had a bunch of eggs for a hunt, but then we had friends over and Teik fell asleep and then we kept pushing it back until this weekend I managed to eat all the jelly beans in the eggs I had prepared! Hmmm. Good parenting?