Monday, May 16, 2011

Sigh

Avery likes to "help" me do chores sometimes. Today I was cleaning bathrooms and she followed me around with her Clorox wipe. When it came to the toilets, I would clean the bowl with the wand and she would flush the water down. We get to the kids bathroom and clean the seemingly empty toilet. When she flushed it, the water immediately rose to the top. I went and got the plunger to push down whatever was lodged in there but despite my efforts, the water would not drain. Avery is standing next to me itching to help and here is the conversation that ensued:

Avery: Why is the water so tall?

Me: I don't know.

(long pause)...Maybe there is something stuck in there.

Did you put something in the toilet?

Yes.

What was it?

A plastic cup.

*sigh*

Luckily it wasn't anything a dad and a drain snake couldn't fix. Look how pleased she is with herself at "helping" dad fish the cup out.

2 comments:

ami said...

oh avers- life just wouldn't be as interesting without you. :)

ash+kris said...

haha! How funny! AND honest! I love it!