Monday, May 12, 2008

Congratulations!

Congratulations to my brother, Jon. He graduated from Texas Tech University this past Saturday in Lubbock. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with his Bachelor's Degree and now he's on to bigger and better things. He has been accepted to the University of Texas-Houston Dental School and will be starting there in August. We are so proud of him and his accomplishments and know that he will do well in dental school. Congratulations Jon!
While we were at his ceremony, it reminded me of being at Brent's Pharmacy school graduation from Texas Tech a couple of years ago (2006). I cried when they called his name because I was (and still am!) so proud of him. I knew how hard he had worked for so many years to get to that point. It was finally time to move out into the real world with no more Spring Break or summer vacation. We had to move from carefree college students to responsible adults with a "real" job.
And of course it reminded me of my own graduation from Idaho State University many moons ago (actually just 5 years) with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. I really loved going to school and even though I was happy to have reached my goal, I was a little sad that it was over. I knew no matter what path I would venture down, I was ultimately going to be a stay at home mom so I knew my college days were pretty much over. I know I can always go back but right now I am enjoying my role as a domestic engineer. If only I remembered more of my psych classes so I could use those techniques on Brent and the kids. Maybe I still have some old books laying around....

2 comments:

ami said...

I love the good ol' college days. The other day I was thinking about my graduation- it's been 11 years since I graduated. WOW! Crazy. That's exciting for you brother. What a bunh of smarty pants the ormson's are. :)

spaceyhawks said...

Wow look at all of you go. That is so awesome! Sadly I had no idea that you graduated from Idaho State. Some friend I am. Oh well, I still love you. ;-)