Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Something's missing here

Can you figure out what's missing from this picture?
When Drew was a newborn, I would count his toes over and over because it just seemed like there was one too many. But there were always 5 on each foot. The other night I was reading to Drew in his bed and he was laying on his tummy. I looked at his feet and realized that from this angle, it looks like he only has 4 toes on his foot. But of course, when you turn it over, the 5th one reappears. That second toe gets squished in there and pretty much sits on top of the ones on either side. It's like that on both feet.
I don't know which side of the family this trait comes from but I still find myself counting toes to make sure there are only 10. And sure enough, all his piggies are as they should be, just crowded all together.

3 comments:

spaceyhawks said...

That is funny, I kept staring at the picture then I saw the toe hiding. Sorry I have been slacking on pictures. I have become obsessed with Facebook and I get on that more now than Blogger. But I put some pictures up for ya! I miss you tons! Let me know if you are coming out this way ever. Love ya!

Vinyl Wonders said...

OH MY!! I looked at that and I thought, WOW Whose poor kid is that who only has 4 toes!! HAHAHA That is so cute!! Drew is all SQUISHIE!! Love you guys!!

Grandma Dance said...

Oh Torrie,
I can tell you where that squished toe comes from ... Grandpa Keith.
When Keith relaxes, his second toe is crossed over his big toe!
Who knew it was genetic.
Love
Cindy