Monday, July 14, 2008

She could walk 500 miles

Avery is walking now. She took her first 3 steps on July 4 and has only gotten better since then. Crawling is still her quickest and most preferred method of getting around but she can stand and walk across the room with a grace that would make Frakenstein jealous.


She gets her momentum going and just takes as many steps in a drunk line as she can. She gets so excited to realize that she's doing it! I know I'm really in for it now. Drew will periodically come in and tell me that the baby is stuck. So I have to follow the sound of her little wimpers and have found her on the fireplace, on the couch squished behind a back cushion, on my bathtub counter, stuck behind something or stuck on something that she climbed up but can't figure out how to climb back down. Her little personality is so funny. We were at Target the other day and she kept trying to put her mouth on the shopping cart and I kept saying "No, no, that's yucky!" She would do it again so I would say "No, no!" After telling her no a few times, she looked me right in the eye, stuck her tongue out and blew a raspberry at me. Such a 'tude! I didn't even know what to do so I just laughed and shook my head. The sass starts already. Drew is doing a little better with his eating. Heaven forbid he should eat something healthy, but he is branching out from his chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese. He likes pizza now which I am actually happy about. I remember about a year ago, we were bringing pizza home for dinner in the car and just the smell of it made Drew gag and throw up. Now he will actually eat it. I'm surprised since it has lots of different textures but that was one of those foods that he actually tried and discovered he liked. Go figure. The other day he was going to town on his pizza so I thought I would get a picture because I never thought I would see the day where he would branch out past baby food and Pediasure.

5 comments:

Eliza said...

I love that song!!! What a fun video. I think it's adorable how Avery and Drew are acting silly at the end when they lay down and just stare at each other with their bums in the air.... So cute!!

ami said...

ok i can't wait to see avery- trey will love having a buddy to toddle around with. drew will have so much fun with all the kids- good times are a coming.

Erin said...

Jacob just a few months ago decided he liked pizza, I too was so happy. I love the picture of Avery in the dishwasher!

Megan Gunyan said...

That was the cutest video. I love how Drew loves Avery. So cute. I am totally jealous of the pizza eating...my kids don't eat it at all! And it's almost the easiest thing in the world to buy/make. Sigh. Maybe someday. You have given me hope...

Lindsey said...

Way to go Avery! I await the day that my baby's hands won't be as dirty as everyone else's feet. We need to get together so she can give him some lessons on walking.