Friday, July 25, 2008

Who is your Edward?

Warning: There is a lot of Twilight nerdery going on in this post so if you have never read these books, you won't get it.

I know a lot of you read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I love these books and look forward to the fourth installment, Breaking Dawn, coming out in one week. I never thought I would become obsessed like I have. I had been encouraged to read these books long before I ever picked up Twilight to actually read. A story about vampires did not appeal to me at all. I bought a copy of Twilight and it sat unopened on my nightstand for 3 months before I was bored enough to start reading it. I couldn't put it down and was glad I didn't have to wait to read books 2 and 3. I was very excited to learn that they would be making a movie out of the book (hopefully the rest of them will end up in the theater too).

I know there has been a lot of opinion about who was chosen to play Edward in the movie. A lot of people aren't happy with the actor chosen because everyone has a different image in their minds of their Edward. This is the actor chosen to play him:

He's not a bad looking guy but he's no Edward, in my opinion.

This is who Stephenie Meyer wanted to play Edward (he's one of the actors on the Count of Monte Cristo which is one of my favorite movies). He's yummy and this is more how I picture Edward.

If you go HERE you will see who Stephenie Meyers had in mind as playing each character. Apparently she had no say in who was cast which I think is too bad.
So I'm wondering what actor you would choose to play Edward. How do you picture him in your head? It's always interesting to see who others had in mind.

6 comments:

ami said...

UGH!!! you know how i feel about twilight- i won't hold it against you. :)

Erin said...

I'm not sure who my Edward would be but not the one they picked. I liked the one you picked better. I pictured him with really dark hair. I can't wait for the movie though. I was saying to a friend yesterday that when I was reading I have everything envisioned in my head and I wonder if the movie will disappoint or it will be like what I think it should be. Really either way I'm excited!

Brooke said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it, I wasn't too sure about the Edward that was chosen, but in the trailer for the movie, he has a great "crooked smile", plus, the actors that play Bella and Edward apperantly have very good chemistry, so hopefully that will make up for the semi disappointing Edward.

Jon + Kat said...

I like the guy on Step Up. Channing Tatum or something like that. But I love the "bad guy" look. Your choice is hot too. Have you started the 4th book yet. I'm diggin' it, but very proud of myself for not completely consuming my life with it. I've found balance in reading it, paying attention to my children (I've neglected Sevy in the past reading these books), and getting crafty. I've even updated my blog and took a nap. Not bad. And now I want to go back to reading!

Mikala said...

Torrie, I didn't know you had a blog! I found you from someone else's link. Anyways, I have a blog as well jakeandmikala.blogspot.com . Your kids are gorgeous!

spaceyhawks said...

Tors I am a complete spaz over these books. So I read all three books in one week, which I am sad to say was the same week I was in Hawaii. The morning we got back I went to the store and bought the fourth book. I read it in a day and a half. I think I went into depression when it ended. How pathetic am I???? I have to say I am really bugged who they got to play Edward. If they could get Christian Bale to look 17, I would so say he would be the perfect Edward. mmmmmmmmm. ;-)